Recently, I had to write a essay for health class about self-esteem. Do you know how hard it is to do that paper when you have a low self-esteem!? Since I thought of this for my topic for this week, I thought I would give you guys a list of 10 ways to improve your self-esteem.
1. Accept that you are you and be happy that nobody else in this whole world is like you.
2. ALWAYS think positive!
3. Bring out the artist inside of you whether that means keep doing what you love most or find a passion like play an instrument, join choir, art club, even just TRYING OUT for something gives you some confidence!
4. Exercise daily and don't let the media let you think bad about your body or figure!
5. Set goals everyday and try to achieve them, and when you do, reward yourself! (PS: don't use candy or chocolate as your reward, go for something like a hot shower to make your body feel better after sports practice!)
6. Be honest with everyone! Knowing that you told the truth to someone will make you feel good about yourself.
7. Don't compare yourself to others! That will just make things worse for you, so try to look on the positive side (#2) so you don't look at yourself in a bad way!
8. Write a list of all you've accomplished in life! It will feel like you've done great things in your life (and you'll add on as you get older!)
9. Have a great outlook on your future! Telling yourself you are going to college and planning for it will get you happy!
10. Just smile whenever possible! It's always a great thing to just look at a test you got a good grade on and just smile and be happy about it!
Hope you found this a good source for your personal needs.
Keep It Real!